The mandate of the CKSPFN Housing Authority; under the direction of a Board of Directors, the Housing Authority will be responsible for the administration and management of all of the First Nation’s CMHC units, Capital Homes, Collections, Rental Units and the Revolving Loan Fund.
The function of CKSPFN Housing Authority is to assist Community Members in need of new housing, home enhancements, and management of current housing stock.
The Housing Authority is established as a Non-for Profit Corporation. The Housing Authority will be funded by Federal Funding (INAC), Rental Payments, Provincial Subsidies (CMHC) and the Revolving Loan Fund. The Chippewas of Kettle & Stony Point First Nation Financial Management Bylaw and its processes apply to all areas of the Housing Authority.
Ensure all past and current housing files are up to date including financial history, maintenance, and client files. The Housing Authority Manager will present monthly reports to the Housing Authority Board of Directors.
The Housing Authority will keep a close relationship with the Social Housing Manager to ensure that the Membership’s housing needs are being taken care of efficiently, transparently, and fairly.
Housing Authority Manager Duties
- Oversee the effective & efficient Revolving Loan Fund
- Marketing of the Program
- Ensuring construction and enhancements meet appropriate standards
- Overseeing new construction and enhancements
- Preparation of applications for various housing programs
- Using technical reports for decision making purposes.
- Developing proposals
- Request for bids/tender call outs
- Ensuring annual housing inspections are completed
- Preparing budgets & forecasts
- Managing tenant relations
- Preparing written communications
- To ensure adequate and appropriate communication with the membership and the Housing Authority Administration.
- Maintain and update the Housing Authority Software on a daily basis.
- Management of RBC (Royal Bank of Canada) / BMO (Bank of Montreal) On-Reserve Mortgage Program
- Bi-Weekly housing inspection provided by qualified housing inspector.
- In-house office visits and home visits provided.
- Housing maintenance and Collection Services provided.
Rental Units Managed by The Housing Authority
Personnel | Aandiyaang Housing Authority
- Alison Price – Aandiyaang Housing Authority
- Jeremy George – On call Maintenance
|Days Open:||Monday – Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm|
|Closed:||Lunch 12:00 to 1:00 | Statutory Holidays|
|Mailing Address:||6247 Indian Lane, Kettle & Stony Point F.N., ON N0N 1J1|