The mandate of the CKSPFN Housing Authority; under the direction of a Board of Directors, the Housing Authority will be responsible for the administration and management of all of the First Nation’s CMHC units, Collections, Rental Units and the Revolving Loan Fund.
The function of CKSPFN Housing Authority is to assist Community Members in need of new housing, home enhancements, and management of current housing stock.
The Housing Authority is established as a Non-for Profit Corporation. The Housing Authority will be funded by Federal Funding (INAC), Rental Payments, Provincial Subsidies (CMHC) and the Revolving Loan Fund. The Chippewas of Kettle & Stony Point First Nation Financial Management Bylaw and its processes apply to all areas of the Housing Authority.
Ensure all past and current housing files are up to date including financial history, maintenance, and client files. The Housing Authority Manager will present monthly reports to the Housing Authority Board of Directors.
The Housing Authority will keep a close relationship with the Social Housing Manager to ensure that the Membership’s housing needs are being taken care of efficiently, transparently, and fairly.
Housing Authority Director Duties
- Oversee the effective & efficient Revolving Loan Fund
- Marketing of the Program
- Ensuring construction and enhancements meet appropriate standards
- Overseeing new construction and enhancements
- Preparation of applications for various housing programs
- Using technical reports for decision making purposes.
- Developing proposals
- Request for bids/tender call outs
- Ensuring annual housing inspections are completed
- Preparing budgets & forecasts
- Managing tenant relations
- Preparing written communications
- To ensure adequate and appropriate communication with the membership and the Housing Authority Administration.
- Maintain and update the Housing Authority Software on a daily basis.
- Management of RBC (Royal Bank of Canada) / BMO (Bank of Montreal) On-Reserve Mortgage Program
- Bi-Weekly housing inspection provided by qualified housing inspector.
- In-house office visits and home visits provided.
- Housing maintenance and Collection Services provided.
Aandiyanng fund promotes First Nation ownership, control and responsibility for housing. Aandiyanng encourages private home ownership and profitable rental regimes and fills the void in the First Nation Housing Continuum.
Aandiyanng fund initiates the First Nation housing loan fund and drives Economic Development to create jobs and is 100% owned by the First Nation.
To provide community members access to affordable and competitive mortgages and home loans in order to build, purchase, renovate, or refinance homes on the Kettle & Stony Point First Nation.
Rental Units Managed by The Housing Authority
- CMHC Single Family Dwellings
- Bears Den
- Ojibwe Village
- Eagles Nest
- An Dah Yaung
- Senior’s Complex
Personnel | Aandiyaang Housing Authority
- Alison Price – Aandiyaang Housing Director
- Stacey Jones – Housing Authority Clerk
- Jeremy George – On call Maintenance
|Monday – Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm
|Lunch 12:00 to 1:00 | Statutory Holidays
|6247 Indian Lane, Kettle & Stony Point F.N., ON N0N 1J1