The Kettle & Stony Point Ontario Works Department administered by the Social Services Program delivers social assistance to families and individuals in need (and residing on the Kettle and Stony Point First Nation) under the province’s revised “Ontario Works Act”.
It is our intention to deliver the best possible management of delivery to our Band Membership who reside on the First Nation.
- One of the primary goals of Ontario Works is to ensure clients have access to employment opportunities, which may involve client assessments to help determine placement in upgrading, skills development, referrals to other support agencies, or part-time work placements that could lead to full-time employment.
- First Nation Ontario Works staff administers “income assistance” based on the eligibility criteria set out in the Ontario Works legislation. All recipients including spouses and dependents over the age of 18 must participate in employment assistance activities.
In 2007, in response to changes in the act, the London District Chiefs Council established “Stepping Stones” a 2-year pilot project to develop a delivery model based on the needs of First nations communities for five member First Nations including: Kettle and Stony Point, Aamjiwnaang, Chippewas of the Thames, Munsee-Delaware and Moraviantown.
Q: If I live off-reserve, can I still apply for Ontario Works at the Kettle & Stony Point Administration Office?
A: The authority for service delivery restricts my Department on delivery to people who are residing on the First Nation. All other Band Members currently residing off the First Nation should consult with their local office for assistance. However, should anyone need to communicate with my staff and Department, please feel free to contact my office for information assistance.
- Cindi Rogers George – Ontario Works Director
- Heather Bressette-Jones – Case Manager
- Connie George – Employment Support
|Days Open:||Monday – Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm|
|Closed:||Lunch 12:00 to 12:30 | Statutory Holidays|
|Email:||By Request Only|
|Mailing Address:||6247 Indian Lane, Kettle & Stony Point F.N., ON N0N 1J1|