The Kettle & Stony Point First Nation Chief and Council drafted a Land Code land law through Committee and consultation with Members .
The Land Code will replace sections of the Indian Act as they pertain to lands management. This process was made possible through the Framework Agreement on First Nation Land Management, which was ratified by Canada by the passage of the First Nation Land Management Act.
Prior to implementation, Members will have to accept the Land Code through a ratification vote on March 6, 2015.
Once accepted, the Land Code will enable the First Nation to manage lands and resources at the community level. It will give the First Nation the freedom to develop the First Nation community without the strongholds and restrictions imposed under the Indian Act.
Land Code Vote 2017 Update
To provide your mailing address or a family member’s address, or to obtain a mail-in voting package, please contact the Administration Office.
- To hold regular meetings open to all members,
- To host consultation meetings in and outside of the First Nation,
- To communicate the Land Code to the members,
- To develop a community ratification process that includes the participation of both on and off reserve members, and
- To develop a Land Code that reflects the needs and desires of the members.
The Land Code Development Committee has transitioned to inactive status, as their goal of completing developmental tasks and processes has been accomplished.
We thank the Committee for their valuable input and time put into the developing of the Land Code.
Helen Henry – Chair
H. Kelly Thomas
- Anna Batten – Lands Manager
- Connie Milliken – Project Manager
|Days Open:||Monday – Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm|
|Closed:||Lunch 12:00 to 1:00 | Statutory Holidays|
|Email:||By Request Only|
|Mailing Address:||6247 Indian Lane, Kettle & Stony Point F.N., ON N0N 1J1|