Southwind Corporate Development Inc. is dedicated to the enhancement and building of the community capacity through the on-going development and promotion of a sustainable economy for the benefit of the community and it’s members.
The foundation for the future will be the responsibility of the Southwind Corporate Development Inc. in relation to employment, training, and business development.This organization shall be the model of good governance based on integrity and values. Southwind shall be the leader in enhancing the First Nation’s stature as a business oriented community with a positive outlook for our future generations.
The Southwind Corporate Development Inc., as the governing body of the businesses , oversees, the plaza management & leasing division, Point’s Perference Supermarket Inc, KSP Gas & Convenience and Points Eagle Radio Station Inc. Council as the shareholders of the Southwind has entrusted the corporation to oversee other initiatives such as the Small Business Centre , Business Park infrastructure/development/management, Housing as a Business.
The Southwind Corporate Development Inc. is comprised of community members as appointed by Chief and Council. In turn the Southwind Corporate Development is the sole shareholder to each of the subsidiary for-profit and not for profit corporations and committees of the First Nation. The Southwind Members are:
- Wayne Henry – President
- Lincoln Jackson – Council Representative
- Marshall George – Council Representative
- Tom Milliken – Board member
- Stephen D. Wolfe – Board member
- Carol Pelletier– Board member
- Blake Shawnoo – Board member
- Wanda George – Secretary Treasurer
- The Southwind Corporate Development Inc., has reviewed and provided some valuable business analysis services to the First Nation.
- The subsidiary businesses of Points Preference Supermarket Inc, Kettle and Stony Point Gas & Convenience, Country Style / Mr. Sub / TCBY , Points Eagle Radio and Plaza Management & Leasing Division continue to contribute to the socio-economic well-being of the First Nation.
- Business development opportunities are continually reviewed as well as ongoing business initiatives within the surrounding area. The most recent successful development has been the Country Style / Mr. Sub / TCBY which opened May 2015.
In 2004, Council had approved a Phase One, Two and Three corporate restructuring process for restructure of the First Nation’s business entities. Phase one included incorporating Points Eagle Radio Station, a not for profit business, and incorporating an on reserve business holding company, Southwind Corporate Development. The second phase included incorporating all other First Nation owned businesses as subsidiaries of Southwind Corporate Development Inc. The third phase includes setting up an off-reserve business/corporate structure.
- Stephen D. Wolfe – Acting Corporate Development Administrator
- Rose W – Plaza Manager / Leasing Division
- Shannon Smith – Finance
- Karen Tamminga – Finance
|Days Open:||Monday – Friday | 8:30am to 4:30pm|
|Closed:||Lunch 12:00 to 1:00 | Statutory Holidays|
|Telephone:||519-786-6753 / 519-786-6372|
|Email:||By Request Only|
|Mailing Address:||9111 West Ipperwash Road Unit # 8, Kettle & Stony Point F.N., ON N0N 1J1|
|Street Address:||Same as mailing address|