The Kettle and Stony Point First Nation Housing Program shall ensure that all First Nation Members have access to safe, affordable and healthy living accommodations within Kettle and Stony Point First Nation Territory. This shall be accomplished through various financing programs, rental accommodations and construction advisory.
Under the authority and direction of the Kettle and Stony Point First Nation Chief and Council, the Housing Department and Committee are governed by the outlined Mission Statement, Terms of Reference and Goals and Objectives.
- Annual housing loans for new construction, renovation and sanitation.
- BMO (Bank of Montreal) On-Reserve Mortgage Program offering new construction, purchasing of existing homes and major renovation loans ranging from $25,000 – $175,000.
- First Nation Rental Units includes both Apartments and Single Family Dwellings.
- Bi-Weekly housing inspection provided by qualified housing inspector.
- In-house office visits and home visits provided.
- Assisted Living Complex to assist disabled with short or long time accommodations.
- Assisting First Nation members with Annual RRAP Grants offered through CMHC to provide Homeowners who qualify with home renovations
- Housing maintenance and Collection Services provided.
- Annual RRAP grants up to $16,000.00 available to qualifying First Nation Members.
Kettle and Stony Point First Nation began solving its own housing issues in the 1980s with the introduction of construction trades training courses, partnering with Lambton College to train First Nation carpenters which has meant the steady improvement of its housing standards, better quality housing, and less reliance on outside contractors.
- First Nation Housing Loan Applications (New Construction, Renovation, Sanitation)
- CMHC offers RRAP Allocations to qualifying First Nation Membership
- First Nation Housing Rental Applications
- Noted – Applications can be emailed or faxed to First Nation Membership if residing off-reserve
- First Nation Website is also available at www.kettlepoint.org.
Housing Assistance Program
- Housing Loan Applications are open all year long with no deadline date; First Nation Member must have their own Land Title (certificate of possession) as to where the unit will be built on.
- Rental Applications are accepted at any time and reviewed by the First Nation Portfolio Team as one bedroom, two bedroom, three bedroom and four bedroom units become available.
- CMHC provides First Nation will an annual funding amount to assist with homeowner’s repairs.
- Cindi George – First Nation Social Housing
- Dakota Bressette – On call Maintenance
|Days Open:||Monday – Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm|
|Closed:||Lunch 12:00 to 1:00 | Statutory Holidays|
|Email:||By Request Only|
|Mailing Address:||6247 Indian Lane, Kettle & Stony Point F.N., ON N0N 1J1|