Providing for the safety, security and protection of First Nation communities through the provision of culturally sensitive, proactive, professional unbiased enforcement strategies. We encourage community involvement, public education and transparent accountability.
We support victims of crime and are committed to the protection of inherent rights and freedoms.
- Probation, Adult appointments – Wednesday 10:00 hrs. – 16:30 hrs.
- Probation, Youth appointments – Thursday AM
- John Howard Society appointments – Monday 15:00 hrs. – 16:00 hrs.
- John Howard Society appointments – Thursday 17:300 hrs. – 18:30 hrs.
The Kettle and Stony Point Anishinabek Police are members of the Anishinabek Police Service (APS) that provides policing services to sixteen First Nation communities across Ontario, stretching from Kettle and Stony Point First Nation in the south to Fort William First Nation in the north.
The APS Headquarters is located in Garden River First Nation near Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario. There are twelve detachments serving the sixteen First Nations.
The Anishinabek Police Service began in 1994, when Garden River, Curve Lake, Sagamok and Saugeen First Nations stepped away from the Ontario Provincial Police. It was decided that Garden River would be home to Headquarters because geographically it is situated in the center of the province. In 1996, a new three year agreement was endorsed to include 13 more First Nations. In 1997, two more First Nations joined the Police Service, bringing the total to 19 First Nations, spread over the province of Ontario.
Anishinabek Police Services: http://www.apscops.org
Public Complaints Brochure is available at: http://www.apscops.org
How to obtain a Criminal Record Check (form) at: http://www.apscops.org
- how to get a Criminal Record Check
- Criminal Record Check Form
- Criminal Record Declaration Form
- Criminal Record Vulnerable Sector Check Form
Personnel Contacts | Anishinabek Police Services – Kettle & Stony Point Detachment
- Murray D. Bressette – Sergeant Detachment Commander
- Michelle Vaessen – Court Administrator
Contact | Anishinabek Police Services – Kettle & Stony Point Detachment
|Days Open:||Monday – Friday | 8:30 hrs to 16:30 hrs|
|Closed:||Lunch 12:00 hrs to 13:00 hrs|
|Email:||By Request Only|
|Mailing Address:||6285 Indian Lane, Kettle & Stony Point F.N., ON N0N 1J1|